As you sit in your post-Thanksgiving food coma or wait in line at the stores trying to score some Black Friday deals (P.S. have you checked out NSH's Black Friday Education Sale?), enjoy some histology humor, brought to you by the creative members of NSH’s Histology Professionals Facebook Page.
Here are some of our favorite answers:
· Days of our Slides
· As the Microtome Turns
· All My Slides
· The Edge of the Knife
· Life Slides By
· As the Paraffin Melts
· Ready Cryostat One
· Tears and Tissue: Drama in the Lab
And finally…Like paraffin through the dispenser... These are the blocks of our lives....
Another great post asked us to come up with songs and lyrics that could be made into a histology parody. And once again our group didn’t disappoint.
Some hysterical lyrics:
· I like to Movat-movat- “I Like to Move It”, Reel 2 Real
· Xylene xylene xylene xyleeeene I'm begging you please don't melt my shoes- “Jolene”, Dolly Parton
· I’m gonna take my block to the microtome, I’m gonna cut til I can’t cut no more.- “Old Town Road”, Lil Nas X
· Pour some formalin on meee- “Pour Some Sugar on Me”, Def Leppard
· Prostate Biopsy- “Paparazzi”, Lady Gaga
· All About That Case (bout that case, bout that case)- “All About That Bass”, Megan Trainor
· Oh, tissue please oh tissue please, I'm trying hard to cut you-“Oh Christmas Tree”
· For whom the tech cuts, block after block!-“For Whom the Bell Tolls”, Metallica
· Thanks for the Mammaries- “Thanks for the Memories”, Fall Out Boy
Share with us your own histology humor on our social media! Don't forget to become a member of our Histology Facebook Group and follow us on our other social platforms for more histo-fun!