You’ve let your certification lapse and are now trying to get it reinstated. The process can be confusing, so here are some tips from the ASCP website to help you know where to start!
If you have a time limited certification and you allow your certification to expire and then seek reinstatement, you must submit a completed declaration form documenting all continuing education earned within the previous three years as required by your certification category. You must also pay a reinstatement fee in addition to the application fee.
CMP Application Fee: $95
CMP Reinstatement Fee: $125
(Fee required for expired certifications. This fee is in addition to the application fee.)
You can submit your hours for re-certification online through your ASCP account.
Completing CMP – Step by Step
2. Under “My Education,” click “Check Progress” to view your certification end date and status.
3. Allocate completed ASCP credits or self-record non-ASCP credits.
4. Once all requirements have been allocated, an alert will appear on your dashboard to submit your CMP declaration to the BOC for review.
5. Submit at least one (1) month prior to your credential expiration date to allow time for processing.
6. Retain all original certificates of attendance or any other type of support documentation in the event of an audit.
Upon successful completion, you will receive a three-year renewal notification for your credential.
Still have questions about the CMP declaration process? Check out ASCP’s video on it!
Looking for continuing education hours for re-certification? Check out NSH's learning opportunities!